Eagle air compressors are established and very well known on the market. They are generally very quiet and are used in workshops, small manufacturing plants, and residential garages. The best eagle air compressor will have a max tank pressure of 150 PSI, will be portable, and will come with a 2-year limited warranty.
In this article, we’ll take a comprehensive look at the top Eagle air compressors. We will consider them based on CFM, HP, PSI, Design, and Reliability.
At the end, you’ll find a buyer’s guide. There, we will reveal all the details you need to know regarding Eagle air compressors.
Best Eagle Air Compressors
1. Eagle Air Compressor Silent Series – The Handcarry Option
The best eagle air compressor is the Eagle EA-2000 Silent Series bar none also considered as the quietest. It features an oil-less double piston pump, a low amp draw, and 1-gallon capacity.
The little amp draw increases the life cycle fourfold compared to the average compressor. The EA-2000 and its big brother, the 3000, are small, affordable, portable compressors. The 3000 has a 1-gallon tank too.
- Ultra quiet operation
- Oil free double piston pump
- Low amp draw increases life expectancy by 4 times over the average compressor
The Eagle EA-3000 produces 2CFM at 100PSI from 1 peak HP motor, while the Eagle EA-2000 produces 1CFM at 100 PSI from a 0.75 peak HP motor and. Both provide a maximum pressure of 125 PSI.
Both have a very user-friendly dashboard with two pressure gauges, a quick connector, and a pressure control knob. The angle of the panel makes it very easy to see the gauges, and everything is easily accessible. They are almost soundless – 2000 produces only 44 dB, and the 3 000 model provides 46 dB.
The Eagle Silent Series is a line of sound-conscious power tools. Designed to be used in areas where keeping a low profile is a must – apartments, automotive shops, RVs, and garages just to mention a few – these products ensure maximum results while reducing unneeded noise to a minimum!
Eagle EA-2000 Dimensions
- Weight: 27.3 LBS
- Size: 15” X 14.2” X 12.6”.
Eagle EA-3000 Dimensions
- Weight: 39.7 LBS
- Size: 14.2” X 16.3” X 13.4”
Both models are great for carrying around when working at home or on a small job site. The compressor has a very convenient lever drain valve on the tank and does not use oil. They are well built with a sturdy metal frame.
2. Eagle P3120H1 Air Compressor 20 Gallon – Portable
The 20-gallon series ( Eagle P3120H1 ) is one of the quietest best eagle air compressor series around. You’ll save lots of money on oil as it doesn’t use any. It is better for the environment and easier to maintain. The best thing about the 20-gallon series, however, is the long life expectancy.
- Sturdy tires for easy handling and maneuverability
- Convenient oil drain on front of unit
- High efficiency reed valves for maximum performance
The series was specifically engineered and designed for the professional contractor to allow comfortable work without sacrificing performance. It’s no longer necessary to yell instructions over a loud air compressor. Clear and convenient communication is possible.
This helps improve individual projects as well because the quiet operation adds comfort to you and anyone close by. The 8″ all flat-free tires are perfect for rough terrain on a job, maximizing mobility.
The series’ slow RPM motor reduces heat, noise, and friction. The series comes with dual air intake, making it possible to get twice as much air as products in this range normally do. These features promote lower amortization and result in longer life.
The external integrated control panel features dual “push to lock” fast couplers and an adjustable pressure regulator to run multiple tools at once.
The sleek, metal face offers extra protection for the pressure gauges, set up to be read easily. Some of the products feature a maintenance-free oil-free compressor head, stainless steel braided discharge tubing, and a lever-type drain valve.
No team project would be the same without a reliable air compressor. The 20-gallon series is extremely mobile, ideal for both indoor and outdoor use.
The quick coupler streamlines the working process because the quiet operation enhances your comfort and that of everyone around. The slow RPM motor promotes less wear and tear and ensures you’ll complete many projects with this compressor.
Great Option for Novices and Pros Alike
This series isn’t only targeted at DIY enthusiasts. Professional contractors will also appreciate the speed and quiet, yet very high performance. We’ll review two of these compressors in more detail – the EA 4000 and the 3 HP 25 gallons.
EA-4000: Only 47 dB
With only 47 decibels at 25′, this Eagle 20-gallon air compressor is perfect for indoor and outdoor operation. The sleek, steel face offers the pressure gauges extra protection, positioned at 65 degrees for easy reading. The compressor also draws only 6.5 amps.
- Silent Series Rated at 53 DBA From 25 Feet Away
- 2 Hp Running And 2.5 Hp (Peak) Motor
- Life Expectancy More Than 4 Times Longer than Most Oil-Free Air Compressors
- Draws Only 14 Amps Works On Most Household 115 V Outlets
- Oil-Free system Requires No Pump Maintenance
- Oil-Free Double Piston Pump System Produces 6 CFM at 90 PSI; 7.9 CFM at 40 Psi With A 50 % Duty Cycle To Power Air Tools
- Top Mounted Control Panel
- Dual Gauges To Monitor Tool And Tank Pressure At A Glance
- Oversized Regulator Knob Is Easy To Use, Even Wearing Work Gloves
- Two 1/4″ Air Hose Quick Connectors For Fast Tool Changes
- Roll Cage Design With Anti Vibration Feet
- 20 Gallon Air Tank Easy To Transport And Store 125 PSI Maximum Pressure
- Lever Type Tank Drain Valve Simplifies Maintenance Extends Air Tank Life
The Eagle 3 HP 25 gallon compressor is worth mentioning, although it’s in a slightly bigger category. Users say on forums that they have run all kinds of air tools on it, including HVLP sprayers, and it has never stopped working well. The reviews we read didn’t say anything about longevity because the users hadn’t had the compressors for a very long time, but they seemed like solid pieces of equipment to them.
Users say the eagle Air Compressor 18.5 Cfm compressor has been fantastic so far. It is tranquil, making it an excellent choice for those who don’t want to disturb their neighbors.
- Ultra quiet operation
- Oil free double PISTON pump
- Low amp draw increases life expectancy by 4 times over the average "oil free" air compressor
The Eagle Air Compressor EA-6500 comes professionally packaged in a crate, inside a box. You get an LED flashlight with it for free. Have no fear – the table is easy to disassemble. There are several screws at the bottom. Unscrew them and lift the cage off the compressor.
It doesn’t take more than a few minutes to get it out of the crate. Then, all you need to do is attach the two wheels, and you can move the compressor anywhere you want.
Before you put the compressor onto any job, run the motor for ten to 15 minutes with the drain valve wide open. Then, start the compressor. It is one of the “silent” series, which means you can talk to someone without any problem as you work.
After the first stage of work, you can close the valve and start the compressor again, and you’ll be in for a big surprise. When the protective valve is closed, the item goes into a secondary sound decibel rating. It is then even quieter, quieter than a vacuum cleaner.
You can use this compressor for smaller projects like HVLP painting with a mini HVLP gun and some light tools. The quality is quite good, and the life cycle is more than four times longer than that of other oil-free air compressors.
- 125 PSI Max
- Silent series
- 20 Gallon Tank
- Quick connect & regulator included
- 6.0 CFM @ 90 PSI
- 7.9 CFM @ 40 PSI
- Lever-type tank drain
- 115 Volt AC
- Induction motor 2 HP
- 1 Phase
- Amp Draw 14
- DBA 53
- Tank Outlet 1/4″
- 1 Year Factory Warranty
- Never Flat Wheels Take On Stairs and Rugged Terrain With Ease
4. Eagle C5160V1 Electric Stationary Air Compressor- Best In Eagle Brands
The best Eagle’s air compressors with CFM rating 18.5 (CFMs at 100 PSI) are powerful enough to paint a car. They are not only designed to provide continuous high-pressure airflow but also built to last with cast iron cylinders, a heavy-duty belt guard, and an overall improved high-performance design.This is one of the best Eagle air compressors 18.5 CFM.
Here’s a quick roundup of its features:
- Individual and removable cylinders for smoother and cooler operation
- “V” design minimizes vibration, improves cooling and extends compressor life
- No magnetic starter required
- The heavy-duty pressure switch has on/off control
- Metal air filters with “Auto Drop” feature
- Thermally protected 5 HP 208/230 volt electric motor
- Convenient oil drain on front of the unit
- Easy view oil sight gauge
- 60 gallon ASME registered tank, 150 PSIG rating
- High-efficiency reed valves for maximum performance
- Sturdy metal belt guard
- Efficient heat removal from flywheel for cooler running and longer life
- Outlet valve included
This product can be used for any project, from big to small. It is also well-priced and easy to use. It has a long life cycle, and you’ll find it is excellent value for money.
5. Eagle C5160V1 – Best 60 Gallon Air Compressor
The C5160V1 is equipped with cast iron cylinders, a sturdy metal belt guard, and a heavy-duty pressure switch. It is a single-stage high performance cast iron air compressor with an oil drain.
On the front of the compressor, there is an extended drain base for added convenience. There is also an easy view oil sight gauge there. The unit has an outlet control regulator with quick connectors. It is stable, reliable, and durable.
Moreover, a 60-gallon air compressor is the best investment for a big project you can make. This is because air compressors with big tanks are high for both hobbyists and small commercial businesses.
A bigger tank makes sure that the compressor cycles less, which not only limits the wear and tear on the machine but also reduces its energy consumption.
What are more, larger compressors provide better, more consistent airflow, as well as more power?
If you want to buy an air compressor, look for a tank that has at least 2 gallons of storage for every CFM needed by the manual tools you’re going to use. For example, you’ll need at least a 15-gallon storage tank if you’re using an impact wrench that requires about 7.5 CFM.
Operate Multiple Air Tools
Bigger storage tanks, like 60 gallons, also make it possible to operate multiple air tools at the same time, which makes you more productive on-site. A big tank is indispensable for tasks such as sandblasting or spray painting to ensure that the compressor can guarantee consistent airflow throughout the project.
Most 60 gallon tanks only come in 230 or 240 volts. If you take the time to shop around, you can find two horsepower compressors with 60-gallon tanks that only require 120v.
The issue with these smaller motors is that they can run continuously only with overheating and heavy use. It’s better to use them only now and then because of the long pauses of silence between recharges.
Most people looking to buy an air compressor with a 60-gallon tank need one that can handle spraying and sanding and multiple tools at once. If that is the case with you, you should spend more on the 230 volts.
- Rugged Cast Iron Cylinders
- “V” Design
- Individual & Removable Cylinders
- Minimizes vibration, improves cooling, extends compressor life
- For smoother & cooler operation
- With convenient on/off control
- Heavy Duty Pressure Switch
- Metal Air Filters With “Auto Drop” Feature
- Thermally protected
- 208/230V Single Phase Motor
- 60 Gallon ASME Tank
The unit has a 150 PSI rating, 1 Year factory warranty that extends to 2 years with maintenance kit included at the time of purchase. Its CFM at 100 PSI is 12.5 CFM.
The pump is a single-stage, voltage is 208-230 volt AC, one phase, no magnetic starter, 15 amp draw, ASME certification, and a weight of 240 pounds.
The unit is 27.5 inches long, 23 inches wide and 66 inches tall. The consumer warranty is for one year. Commercial warranty is also for one year. The unit is powered by electricity, just like all Eagle compressors.
Types of Eagle compressors
Eagle Air Compressors offer the famous silent series, as well as hand, carry air compressors, portable air compressors, stationary air compressors, Truck Mount Air compressors, and a unique line of air tools.
- Silent Series – This series offer compressors with HP between 1 to 2.5, tank capacity ranges from 1 gallon to 20 gallons)
- Portable Air Compressors – This category offers both electric air compressors and gas air compressors. The gas portable air compressor offer units with up to 9 HP while the electric units provide a maximum of 5 HP. Tank capacity ranges from 6 gallons to 25-gallon tanks on both gas and electric compressors.
- Stationary Air Compressors – Those units provide up to 15 HP with tank capacity up to 120 gallons.
- Hand Carry Air Compressor – the Eagle, offers a few hand-carry compressors with max HP of 3.
- Truck Mount Air Compressor – Those units offer Skid Mount with no tank as well as standard truck mount air compressor (with up to 18 HP capacity)
Out of Belmont, Mississippi, Eagle Air Compressors are a product of Wood Industries Incorporated. The company has a long history of top-quality air compressors, air tools, and spare parts, catering to both private and enterprise clients.
Thanks to their excellent customer care and dedication, this group soon rose to become a leader within their industry. In recent years, Wood Industries Inc. also focused on the creation of other power tools. Their current catalog includes pumps, generators, pressure washers, and gasoline engines.
Last update on 2020-11-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API