Central Pneumatic air compressors are Versatile and affordable. Be it a DIY project or a professional job, it can be much easier with a Central Pneumatic air compressor. Let us take a look at the best Central Pneumatic air compressors models.
10 Best Central Pneumatic Air Compressors
Below, we’ve selected the best air compressors by Central Pneumatic. And we’ve arranged them by key specifications for easy comparison.
Whether you’re a hobbyist or a professional, chances are you find some of these top Central Pneumatic air compressors curious. Let us take a closer look at each of the models below.
|Product name||Max PSI||CFM Rating||HP||Tank Size||Best Application||Price|
|Model #93274||165 PSI||15.8 CFM @ 90 PSI, 16.4 CFM @ 40 PSI||5||60 gal.||Professional-grade use, especially for painting and intense pneumatic jobs that require stability. Supplies enough power for gravity, syphon, and texture paint guns.||More Details|
|Model #62779, 62913||180 PSI||18 SCFM @ 90 PSI, 19.5 SCFM @ 40 PSI||14||30 gal||Heavy-duty jobs, such as cutting, grinding, and sanding, that require the air compressor to be sturdy. Provides ample power for rotary tools, including cut-off tools, die grinders, and sanding tools.||More Details|
|Model #68067, 69669, 62629||150 PSI||4 CFM @ 90 PSI, 5 CFM @ 40 PSI||1.8||26 gal.||Low-profile jobs like inflating and nailing that require mobility and low maintenance. Has enough capacity for some rotary and auto repair tools, such as sanding tools and air hammers.||More Details|
|#Model 69783, 62404||135 PSI||9 CFM @ 90 PSI, 11 CFM @ 40 PSI||6.5||9 gal||Ideal for DIY projects and when ease of transport is desirable. Supports a range of low-key air tools, from blow guns and airbrushes to various nailers.||More Details|
|Model #61454, 62803, 63635||125 PSI||4.7 CFM @ 90 PSI, 5.8 CFM @ 40 PSI||2.5||21 gal.||Works nicely for hobbies, nailing, inflating, and other low-intensity jobs that need portability. Comes with enough capacity to power some auto repair tools, specifically air hammers.||More Details|
|Model #62441, 62802||125 PSI||5.3 CFM @ 90 PSI, 6.2 CFM @ 40 PSI||2.5||10 gal.||Does the trick for most low-key applications, especially when portability is necessary. Can power a slew of light-duty air tools, including inflators and nailers.||More Details|
|Model #61489, 62765||150 PSI||5.9 CFM @ 90 PSI, 7.3 CFM @ 40 PSI||2||29 gal.||Superb choice for high-intensity jobs that still require decent mobility. Offers sufficient air delivery for many cutting, grinding, and sanding tools, such as cut-off tools and die grinders.||More Details|
|Model #68740, 69667||125 PSI||4.5 CFM @ 90 PSI, 5.5 CFM @ 40 PSI||2||8 gal.||Does the job for DIYers and professionals alike, especially those who want their device to be portable. Comes with adequate capacity for most low-profile pneumatic jobs, like nailing and inflating.||More Details|
|Model # 60637, 61615||100 PSI||0.6 CFM @ 90 PSI, 1.0 CFM @ 40 PSI||1/3||3 gal||Suits hobbyists who need an air compressor that's easy to maintain. Delivers plenty of power for simple DIY tasks, such as stapling, inflating, air brushing, and brad nailing.||More Details|
|Model # 62763||125 PSI||3.5 CFM @ 90 PSI, 4.4 CFM @ 40 PSI||2||4 gal.||Well-suited for low-profile uses when stability is a must, such as on rooftops. Provides enough air power for nailing, inflating, and other less demanding pneumatic tools and equipment.||More Details|
1.Model # 93274 – 60 Gal. 5 HP 165 PSI Oil-Lubed Two-Stage Air Compressor
This industrial-grade model has a 5 HP engine and delivers air at the rate of 15.8 CFM @ 90 PSI. Its 60-gallon tank is ASME certified and withstands 165 PSI of max pressure.
With specs like that, this air compressor is ideal for heavy-duty pneumatic jobs. It can easily power a range of more demanding air tools, such as paint guns.
This air compressor boasts:
- A powerful air delivery at the rate of 15.8 CFM @ 90 PSI with 5 HP behind it.
- Robust design with cast-iron cylinders, stainless steel valves, and an oil-lubed pump.
- An automatic start/stop function for increased safety.
- A durable 60 gal. ASME certified tank capable of 165 max PSI.
2.Model # 62779, 62913 – 30 Gal. 420cc 14 HP 180 PSI Oil-Lubed Truck Bed Two-Stage Air Compressor EPA III
Featuring a fuel-efficient 14 HP motor, this model produces 18 SCFM @ 90 PSI. With its 30 gallon tank meeting ASME standards, the air compressor can handle 180 PSI of max pressure.
Such specs make this model well-suited for contractor-grade use. It has plenty of power for various cutting, grinding, and sanding pneumatic tools.
- A gas-powered 420cc motor and the flow rate of 18 SCFM @ 90 PSI.
- A rugged EPA III compliant design with an oil-lubed pump and cast-iron and steel components.
- Truck bed mounting, low oil engine shutdown, shut off pressure switch, and legible gauges.
- A robust 30 gal. ASME certified tank that endures the max pressure of 180 PSI.
3.Model # 68067, 69669, 62629 – 26 Gal. 1.8 HP 150 PSI Oil-Free Portable Air Compressor
Thanks to its 26-gallon tank allowing for up to 150 PSI of pressure, this model boasts longer running times.
Utilizing a 1.8 HP motor, this air compressor produces the flow rate of 4 CFM @ 90 PSI.
Given its configuration, the model is more suitable for light-duty pneumatic jobs, such as nailing and inflating. It can also power certain less demanding rotary and auto repair tools.
This air compressor offers:
- A flow rate of 4 CFM @ 90 PSI and a 1.8 HP motor.
- A CSA certified low-maintenance oil-free design with fully covered pump and motor.
- A portable design with a convenient handle and smooth-rolling wheels.
- A 26 gal. tank capable of 150 max PSI.
4.Model # 69783, 62404 – 9 Gal. 212cc 6.5 HP 135 PSI Oil-Lubed Portable Wheelbarrow Air Compressor EPA III
This air compressor comes with a 6.5 HP motor and an air delivery rate of 9 CFM @ 90 PSI. Capable of 135 max PSI, its 9-gallon tank ensures stable line pressure with minimal moisture in the line.
This model works well with low-key air tools, like blowguns, nailers, and airbrushes. Its wheelbarrow design suits DIY applications nicely.
The model’s pros are:
- An air delivery rate of 9 CFM @ 90 PSI and a 6.5 HP 212cc motor.
- An EPA III compliant design with an oil-lubed pump, low oil shutoff, and pump-cooling.
- A portable wheelbarrow design with semi-pneumatic wheels.
- A 9 gal. twin tank with cast-iron sleeves and a 135 max PSI capacity.
5.Model # 61454, 62803, 63635 – 21 Gal. 2.5 HP 125 PSI Oil-Lubed Portable Vertical Air Compressor
Delivering air at the rate of 4.7 CFM @ 90 PSI, this model uses a 2.5 HP motor. It has a quick-connect coupler and a 21 gallon tank capable of 125 max PSI.
This vertical air compressor’s specs work nicely for hobbies and low-profile pneumatic jobs. The model has enough power for inflating, nailing, and some auto repair tools.
This air compressor provides:
- A flow rate of 4.7 CFM @ 90 PSI coupled with a 2.5 HP motor.
- A CSA certified built with an oil-lubed pump, cast-iron sleeve, and thermal overload protection.
- A portable design with an ergonomic handle, rubber foot stabilizers, and smooth-rolling wheels.
- A 21 gal. tank that has a 125 max PSI capacity.
6.Model # 62441, 62802 – 10 Gal. 2.5 HP 125 PSI Oil-Lubed Portable Air Compressor
This model employs a 2.5 HP motor that has a built-in thermal overload protection. It can produce 5.3 CFM @ 90 PSI and withstands up to 125 PSI of max pressure.
The air compressor features an oil-lubed design and uses a 10 gallon tank with easy-to-read gauges.
With such configuration, this air compressor does the trick for low-intensity tasks, like nailing, inflating, and DIY projects.
This model’s upsides are:
- A 2.5 HP motor with an ability to produce 5.3 CFM @ 90 PSI.
- An adjustable air regulator, oil-lubed pump, and high-impact ABS shrouding.
- A superb portability thanks to an ergonomic handle and well-designed wheels.
- A decent-sized 10 gal. tank enduring up to 125 PSI of pressure.
7.Model # 61489, 62765 – 29 Gal. 2 HP 150 PSI Oil-Lubed Portable Vertical Air Compressor
This vertical air compressor includes a large 29 gallon cast-iron tank with an impressive 150 max PSI capacity. Using a 2 HP twin capacitor motor, it delivers the flow rate of 5.9 CFM @ 90 PSI.
Thanks to its specs, this air compressor is a superb choice for heavy-duty pneumatic jobs that employ rotary air tools.
This air compressor has:
- A 2 HP twin capacitor motor with a 5.9 CFM @ 90 PSI rate of air delivery.
- A CSA certified oil-lubed design with full motor and pump shrouding and overload protection.
- A portable design with an adjustable handle and semi-pneumatic wheels.
- A large 29 gal. cast-iron tank with a 150 PSI capacity and dual pressure gauges.
8.Model # 68740, 69667 – 8 Gal. 2 HP 125 PSI Oil-Lubed Portable Air Compressor
This model features a 2 HP direct drive induction motor with thermal overload protection. It supplies air at the rate of 4.5 CFM @ 90 PSI. And includes an 8 gallon tank that withstands 125 max PSI.
Based on its specs, this air compressor is better suited for simpler tasks, such as hobbies, inflating, and nailing.
The model’s strengths are:
- A 2 HP direct drive induction motor with a 4.5 CFM @ 90 PSI flow rate.
- A reliable oil-lubed design with full high-impact ABS shrouding for motor and pump.
- A portable design thanks to a well-placed handle and smooth-rolling wheels.
- An 8 gal. tank with a 125 max PSI capacity and clear gauges.
9.Model # 60637, 61615 – 3 Gal. 1/3 HP 100 PSI Oil-Free Pancake Air Compressor
Delivering a 0.6 CFM @ 90 PSI flow rate, this air compressor utilizes a 1/3 HP motor. It employs a 3 gallon tank with a 100 max PSI capacity.
Its low-profile specs make this model especially suitable for minor DIY tasks, such as stapling, air brushing, and brad nailing. Thanks to its pancake-shaped design, it also works nicely on rooftops.
This air compressor includes:
- An air delivery rate of 0.6 CFM @ 90 PSI and a 1/3 HP motor with overload protection.
- An oil-free pancake-shaped design with less maintenance and more stability.
- A quick-connect coupler, an accessory storage, a convenient handle, and legible gauges.
- A 3 gal. tank capable of 100 max PSI.
10.Model # 62763 – 4 Gal. 2 HP 125 PSI Oil-Lubed Portable Twin Tank Air Compressor
This air compressor comes with a 4 gallon twin tank and a 125 max PSI capacity. It employs a 2 HP motor and supplies air at the rate of 3.5 CFM @ 90 PSI.
Because of its twin tank design, this model works well on rooftops and whenever more stability is desirable. It also does the trick for lower-profile uses, such as hobbies, nailing, and inflating.
The model’s merits are:
- A 2 HP motor and a more stable air delivery at the rate of 3.5 CFM @ 90 PSI.
- An oil-lubed pump and an adjustable air regulator.
- A portable design with a large handle.
- A 4 gal. twin tank with dual pressure gauges.
Central Pneumatic vs Porter Cable Air Compressors
Both Central Pneumatic and Porter Cable cater to DIYers and professionals alike.
In terms of specifications, the models that each brand offers fall somewhere in between consumer-grade and professional-grade.
Either of the two brands makes affordable models that suffice for light-duty jobs.
Despite being on the market for a longer time, though, Porter Cable offers a less varied assortment of air compressors.
Furthermore, air compressor models by Central Pneumatic boast a higher rate of customer satisfaction based on customer reviews.
Central Pneumatic vs Kobalt Air Compressors
Each of these two brands makes air compressors for home and professional use alike. The air compressor models both Central Pneumatic and Kobalt offer can be considered mid-range.
If their use remains occasional and low-profile, the air compressors by either brand perform well enough.
Kobalt, however, offers a much more modest range of air compressors than Central Pneumatic. At the same time, Central Pneumatic air compressors come with a better after sales service.
As long as their warranty is valid, their parts can be replaced at a local retail outlet or service center.
Central Pneumatic vs Craftsman Air Compressors
Similar to Central Pneumatic, Craftsman offers lower-end pricing for its air compressors.
Based on specifications available, each of the two brands makes air compressors for consumer-grade and professional-grade applications alike. Hence, both brands offer affordable mid-range air compressors.
Compared to Craftsman, however, Central Pneumatic air compressors deliver the same functionality at a lesser price.
Moreover, Central Pneumatic offers a more diverse assortment of air compressors, accommodating more uses. Namely, the brand has more commercial-grade models available.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Central Pneumatic a Good Air Compressor Brand?
Central Pneumatic is the right brand for those who want to enjoy a decent functionality without breaking the bank.
Besides making its air compressors affordable, Central Pneumatic provides access to:
- Models with the flow rate of 0.6 CFM @ 90 PSI and 18 SCFM @ 90 PSI alike.
- Tank sizes as small as 3 gallons and as large as 60 gallons.
- Engines capable of 1/3 HP as well as 14 HP.
- Max PSI ratings as modest as 100 and as considerable as 180.
- Both oil-lubed and oil-free designs.
- Hassle-free mobility and increased stability likewise.
- Twin tank, pancake, vertical, wheelbarrow, and more arrangements to choose from.
As such, Central Pneumatic air compressors can leave both the hobbyists and the seasoned professionals satisfied.
FAQ: Who Makes Central Pneumatic Air Compressors?
Central Pneumatic is a line of air compressors and pneumatic tools launched by Harbor Freight Tools in 1982. Central Pneumatic manufactures its air compressors in Taiwan.
In the U.S., Central Pneumatic air compressors are sold by Harbor Freight Tools through the chain of its retail stores.