Are you considering Campbel Hausfeld Air compressors? Do you want an air compressor that suits your needs, exceptionally well?
Whether you’re a hobbyist or a professional, a well-chosen Campbell Hausfeld air compressor will get the job done. These air compressors are exceptional for use in workshops and residential garages.
The best Campbell Hausfeld air compressor will have a max tank pressure of 175 PSI, will feature a compact design and will be built with a cast-iron oil-lubricated pump.
As you can see, the assortment of Campbell Hausfeld air compressors is very diverse. Let us learn more about these top models in our Campbell Hausfeld air compressor review.
Top Campbell Hausfeld Air Compressors
|Product name||Tank Size||Portable||Cast-Iron Series||Cordless||Vertical|
|VT6195 and VT6395||60 gal.||No||Yes||No||Yes|
|CE7002 and CE7003||30 gal.||No||Yes||Yes||No|
|VT6104 and VT6271||30 gal.||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|VT6358 and VT6367||30 gal.||Yes||Yes||No||Yes|
|VT6183 and VT6290||20 gal.||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|VT6171 and VT6171X||20 gal.||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|VX4002 and VX4011||15 gal.||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|FP209499AV and DC030000||3 gal.||Yes||No||No||No|
|FP2028 and DC010000||1 gal.||Yes||No||No||No|
1.Xc602100 – 60 Gal. 3.7 Hp 175 Psi Cast-iron Oil-lubed Two-stage Vertical Air Compressor
Utilizing a 3.7 HP induction motor, the model produces 11 CFM @ 90 PSI. Such an output gears it towards a spectrum of pneumatic jobs, from engine repair to weld grinding.
- Ideal for cramped worksites with its space-efficient vertical 60 gals. ASME tank.
- Drives nailers and paint guns alike boasting 175 max PSI, 3.7 HP, and 11 CFM @ 90 PSI.
- Long-lasting UL and CSA compliant design with a cast-iron oil-lubed two-stage pump.
- Requires 230V current.
- Heavy and hard to maneuver.
2.CE7002 and CE7003 – 30 Gal. 14 HP and 13 HP 175 PSI Cast-Iron Oil-Lubed Two-Stage Cordless Air Compressors
These gas-powered air compressors boast 26.1 CFM @ 90 PSI. The CE7002 model achieves this by using a 14 HP Kohler CH440 engine. And the CE7003 air compressor employs a 13 HP Honda GX390 engine.
Both models utilize a 30 gallon tank with 175 max PSI. Such specs let both air compressors drive demanding pneumatic tools – like sanders, cut-off tools, and grinders – anywhere.
- Independent power supply with 13 and 14 HP gas engines.
- Cast-iron UL and CSA build with a 30 gal. Tank, oil-lubed two-stage pump, and steel belt guard.
- 175 max PSI and 26.1 CFM @ 90 PSI suit powerful rotary air tools.
- Too heavy for hassle-free transportation.
- The horizontal tank isn’t space-efficient.
3.DC260000 – 26 Gal Single-Stage Portable Vertical Air Compressor
This Campbell Hausfeld air compressor is a match for worksites that need less hassle. Its portable design – with large wheels and a vertical tank – is ideal for garages and workshops.
And its oil-free build is easy to maintain. Its 26-gallon tank features 150 max PSI. And its 1.3 HP motor delivers 4 CFM @ 90 PSI. Its specs are perfect for hobbies, inflating, nailing, and auto repair jobs.
- Low-maintenance oil-free builds for hobbyists and automotive enthusiasts.
- Portable space-saving design with a vertical 26 gal. Tank for garages and workshops.
- 150 max PSI, 1.3 HP, and 4 CFM @ 90 PSI for most DIY projects.
- Demands AC power supply.
- It doesn’t suit professional applications.
4.DC200100 – 20 gals. 1.3 HP 150 PSI Oil-Free Single-Stage Portable Vertical Air Compressor
With its oil-free ETL-compliant build, this Campbell Hausfeld air compressor is bliss to maintain. Its 1.3 HP induction motor delivers 4 CFM @ 90 PSI. And its 20 gallons 150 max PSI tank allows for consistent line pressure.
The model has a space-efficient and portable vertical design. Given its specs, the air compressor drives anything from nailers and staplers to spray guns and impact wrenches. And fits DIYers and professionals alike.
- No maintenance with an oil-free ETL build.
- Portable space-efficient vertical 20 gals. 150 max PSI tank.
- 1.3 HP and 4 CFM @ 90 PSI for wall framing, carpentry, roofing, exterior painting, and more.
- Operates on 120V current only.
- Not suitable for commercial-grade applications.
5.VT6183 and VT6290 – 20 Gal. 2 HP 135 PSI Cast-Iron Oil-Lubed Single-Stage Portable Air Compressors
With a 20 gallon tank and 135 max PSI, these models work nicely for DIY and light-duty auto repair projects. They employ a 2 HP dual-voltage motor that produces 5.5 CFM @ 90 PSI.
Enough to drive low-profile nailers and air hammers. Both air compressors are portable and UL and CSA compliant. They use a cast-iron oil-lubed pump with a metal belt guard.
- Portable design with dual-voltage versatility for DIYers and car fanatics.
- Durable cast-iron oil-lubed UL and CSA build with an easy-to-maneuver 20 gal. Tank.
- Ample power for low-key air tools with 135 max PSI, 2 HP, and 5.5 CFM @ 90 PSI.
- Hinges on AC power availability.
- Clumsy horizontal tank style.
6.FP209499AV and DC030000 – 3 Gal. 0.33 HP 110 PSI Oil-Free Single-Stage Portable Air Compressors
Compact and lightweight, these 3 gallon oil-free models use 0.33 HP induction motors, running on 120V household current. Delivering up to 0.39 CFM @ 90 PSI, they can work under 110 max PSI.
This suffices for casual air jobs like cleaning lawn mowers and renovating furniture. The FP209499AV air compressor also comes with a 10-item handy accessory kit.
- Oil-free ETL build for effortless equipment cleaning, furniture renovation, and simple DIY jobs.
- Up to 0.39 CFM @ 90 PSI and 0.33 HP for basic pneumatic tools like air staplers.
- Compact lightweight design with a three gal. 110 max PSI tank.
- Unwieldy horizontal tank with no wheels for transportation.
- Not a match for heavy-duty tasks.
7.FP2028 and DC010000 – 1 Gal. 0.33 HP 110 PSI Oil-Free Single-Stage Portable Air Compressors
With 110 max PSI, this suits air brushing, brad nailing, inflating, and stapling jobs.
The FP2028 model includes a pancake tank and an accessory kit. The DC010000 model has classic horizontal tank placement. Both are easy to store and maintain with a compact oil-free design.
- Smooth air brushing and brad nailing alike with up to 0.5 CFM @ 90 PSI.
- 120V 0.33 HP motor for household projects.
- Portable oil-free ETL builds with a decent one gal. 110 max PSI tank.
- Not optimal for serious DIYers.
- Use 120V current only.
8.DC080500 – 8 Gal. 1 HP 125 PSI Oil-Free Single-Stage Quiet Portable Air Compressor
Making only 68 dBA of noise and using an oil-free pump, this air compressor is quiet and easy to maintain. It employs a 1 HP motor that produces 2.4 CFM @ 90 PSI.
And features an 8 gal. 125 max PSI tank that is simple to transport. It works well for low-profile pneumatic jobs, like craft and art projects
- Suits noise-sensitive worksites producing only 68 dBA of noise.
- 125 max PSI, 1 HP, and 2.4 CFM @ 90 PSI for stapling, nailing, brushing, and similar air jobs.
- Easy to maintain and use with an ETL oil-free design and a portable eight gal. tank.
- Not tailored for commercial use.
- Runs on 120V current only.
9.Vt6195 And Vt6395 – 60 Gal. 3.7 Hp 135 Psi Cast-iron Oil-lubed Single-stage Vertical Air Compressors
These heavy-duty commercial models include a 60-gallon ASME-certified tank with a 135 max PSI capacity. Their vertical tank design is ideal for worksites with limited space, like DIY workshops and garages.
Both air compressors use a 230V 3.7 HP induction motor, delivering air at 10.2 CFM @ 90 PSI. This lets them power heavy-duty air tools like paint guns, sanders, and grinders.
- Space-saving vertical 60 gals. ASME tank.
- Easy painting, grinding and sanding with 135 max PSI, 3.7 HP, and 10.2 CFM @ 90 PSI.
- UL and CSA build with a cast-iron oil-lubed single-stage pump and a metal belt guard.
- It may be difficult to transport due to weight.
- Use 230V current only.
10.VT6104 and VT6271 – 30 Gal. 3.7 HP 135 PSI Cast-Iron Oil-Lubed Single-Stage Portable Air Compressors
And deliver 10.2 CFM @ 90 PSI with the help of a 3.7 HP motor. With such specs, these air compressors suit a variety of air jobs. From low-key nailing to heavy-duty sanding.
- Portable and versatile units for hobbyists and professionals alike.
- Robust cast-iron oil-lubed UL and CSA design with a 30 gal. Tank.
- 135 max PSI, 3.7 HP, and 10.2 CFM @ 90 PSI for a variety of pneumatic jobs.
- Can’t run on 120V current.
- Horizontal tank may feel unwieldy.
11.HL540100AV – 8 Gal. 1.3 HP 125 PSI Oil-Lubed Single-Stage Portable Air Compressor
This 8-gallon model can run under 125 max PSI. It utilizes a 1.3 HP motor that delivers an airflow of 3.7 CFM @ 90 PSI. Its sturdy ETL-certified oil-lubed design allows for reliable and long-lasting performance.
And its portable build is easy to maneuver without hassle. With specs like these, the air compressor is geared towards most light-duty air jobs. It suits many undemanding home DIY projects and garage auto repairs.
- Hassle-free mobility with a portable eight gal. tank.
- 125 max PSI, 1.3 HP, and 3.7 CFM @ 90 PSI for inflating, nailing, and auto repair air tools.
- Hard-wearing ETL-compliant oil-lubed build.
- Awkward horizontal tank placement.
- Can’t run on 230V current.
12.FP209000AV – 2 Gal. 0.33 HP 110 PSI Oil-Free Single-Stage Portable Air Compressor
And its compact oil-free design makes for a smooth experience. The air compressor comes with useful accessories: a handy needle adapter, two inflator nozzles, and other items for out-of-the-box performance.
- Compact two gals. 110 max PSI tank for brad nailing, airbrushing, and other low-key tasks.
- Decent specs with 0.33 HP and 0.36 CFM @ 90 PSI matching most light-duty air tools.
- Seamless maintenance with an oil-free ETL-compliant design.
- Doesn’t suit demanding pneumatic jobs.
- Limited mobility due to no-wheel design.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Campbell Hausfeld a Good Brand?
Campbell Hausfeld is a brand with more than 180 years of history. The company has been manufacturing air compressors and pneumatic tools since 1940.
Having specialized in the field for decades, Campbell Hausfeld has developed a diverse range of air compressors with:
- Tank sizes from 1 to 120 gallons.
- Max PSI capacities of 100 and 175 alike.
- CFM ratings as low as 0.36 CFM @ 90 PSI and as high as 87 CFM @ 90 PSI.
- Induction motors as well as gas engines with HP ratings from 0.33 HP to 25 HP.
- Both long-lasting oil-lubed and low-maintenance oil-free designs.
- Stationary cast-iron and portable, lightweight models likewise.
- Multiple tank styles available, from vertical and horizontal to twin-stack and pancake.
As you can tell, the brand makes air compressors for a wide spectrum of pneumatic jobs. Be it occasional DIY projects or daily professional-grade use, and a Campbell Hausfeld air compressor will fit the bill.
Dependable and user-friendly, Campbell Hausfeld air compressors are bliss to own and use.
FAQ: What Kind of Oil Goes in a Campbell Hausfeld Air Compressor?
An oil-lubed air compressor would typically use either a synthetic or a standard blend of oil without detergents. Standard 20-weight or 30-weight oils work for the majority of air compressors.
With ISO 100 hydraulic oil being the most common choice. Some oil-lubed air compressor models, however, require very specific oils for operation. And Campbell Hausfeld air compressors are not an exception either.
You will be wise to check the particular oil guidelines for a given oil-lubed Campbell Hausfeld air compressor.
FAQ: How to Use Campbell Hausfeld Air Compressors?
Using an air compressor to run a pneumatic tool isn’t rocket science:
- If the model isn’t oil-free, check the oil level.
- Connect the hose with the regulator valve.
- Plug the air tool into the hose.
- If the model isn’t gas-powered, plug the air compressor into either 120V or 230V outlet.
- Put on protective gear.
- Test the safety valve.
- Start the air compressor and wait until the tank pressurizes.
- Adjust the pressure to the PSI your air tool needs.
- After following these steps, you can run your pneumatic tool for as long as the tank has air.
- Once you finish, shut down the air compressor properly:
- Let out condensation using the tank drain valve.
- Drain the pressure by switching off the device.
- Detach the hose.
- Store and maintain the air compressor with care.
Despite how user-friendly Campbell Hausfeld air compressors are, each model is unique. This is especially so with Campbell Hausfeld’s professional air compressors. Going by the specific guidelines for a given Campbell Hausfeld air compressor model is the safest way to operate it.