Are you considering Campbel Hausfeld Air compressors? Do you want an air compressor that suits your needs especially well? Campbell Hausfeld is a decent brand to consider. Whether you’re a hobbyist or a professional, a well-chosen Campbell Hausfeld air compressor will get the job done.
We’ve chosen some of the finest air compressors by Campbell Hausfeld with the most common tank sizes. And we’ve arranged them below for comparison by tank sizes and types. As you can see, the assortment of Campbell Hausfeld air compressors is very diverse. Let us learn more about these top models in our Campbell Hausfeld air compressor review.
Best Campbell Hausfeld Air Compressors
|Product name||Tank Size||Portable||Cast-Iron Series||Cordless||Vertical||Price|
|XC602100||60 gal.||No||Yes||No||Yes||More Details|
|VT6195 and VT6395||60 gal.||No||Yes||No||Yes||More Details|
|GR2200||30 gal.||No||Yes||No||Yes||More Details|
|XC302100||30 gal.||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||More Details|
|CE7002 and CE7003||30 gal.||No||Yes||Yes||No||More Details|
|VT6104 and VT6271||30 gal.||Yes||Yes||No||No||More Details|
|VT6358 and VT6367||30 gal.||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||More Details|
|DC260000||26 gal.||Yes||No||No||Yes||More Details|
|VT6183 and VT6290||20 gal.||Yes||Yes||No||No||More Details|
|VT6171 and VT6171X||20 gal.||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||More Details|
|VT6182||20 gal.||Yes||Yes||No||No||More Details|
|DC200100||20 gal.||Yes||No||No||Yes||More Details|
|VX4002 and VX4011||15 gal.||Yes||Yes||No||No||More Details|
|DC130000||13 gal.||Yes||Yes||No||No||More Details|
|DC080500||8 gal.||Yes||No||No||No||More Details|
|HL540100AV||8 gal.||Yes||No||No||No||More Details|
|DC040500||4.6 gal.||Yes||No||No||No||More Details|
|FP209499AV and DC030000||3 gal.||Yes||No||No||No||More Details|
|FP209000AV||2 gal.||Yes||No||No||No||More Details|
|FP2028 and DC010000||1 gal.||Yes||No||No||No||More Details|
1.Xc602100 – 60 Gal. 3.7 Hp 175 Psi Cast-iron Oil-lubed Two-stage Vertical Air Compressor
This air compressor features a 60 gallon ASME-certified tank that handles 175 max PSI. It has a vertical tank style that saves room at garages, workshops, and other worksites with space limitations. Utilizing a 3.7 HP induction motor, the model produces 11 CFM @ 90 PSI. Such an output gears it towards a spectrum of pneumatic jobs, from engine repair to weld grinding.
- Ideal for crammed worksites with its space-efficient vertical 60 gal. ASME tank.
- Drives nailers and paint guns alike boasting 175 max PSI, 3.7 HP, and 11 CFM @ 90 PSI.
- Long-lasting UL and CSA compliant design with a cast-iron oil-lubed two-stage pump.
- Requires 230V current.
- Heavy and hard to maneuver.
2.Vt6195 And Vt6395 – 60 Gal. 3.7 Hp 135 Psi Cast-iron Oil-lubed Single-stage Vertical Air Compressors
These heavy-duty commercial models include a 60 gallon ASME-certified tank with a 135 max PSI capacity. Their vertical tank design is ideal for worksites with limited space, like DIY workshops and garages. Both air compressors use a 230V 3.7 HP induction motor, delivering air at 10.2 CFM @ 90 PSI. This lets them power heavy-duty air tools like paint guns, sanders, and grinders.
- Space-saving vertical 60 gal. ASME tank.
- Easy painting, grinding, and sanding with 135 max PSI, 3.7 HP, and 10.2 CFM @ 90 PSI.
- UL and CSA build with a cast-iron oil-lubed single-stage pump and a metal belt guard.
- May be difficult to transport due to weight.
- Use 230V current only.
3.Gr2200 – 30 Gal. 13 Hp 175 Psi Cast-iron Oil-lubed Two-Stage Cordless 2-in-1 Air Compressor And Generator
This industrial-grade Campbell Hausfeld professional air compressor doubles as power generator. Its 13 HP Honda GX-390 gas engine produces 14 CFM @ 90 PSI. And generates 5,000 watts of AC power. Using a 30 gallon tank with 175 max PSI, the model supports a range of pneumatic tools. And has 120V and 240V outlets for electrical tools and lights.
- 175 max PSI, 13 HP, and 14 CFM @ 90 PSI enable a slew of pneumatic tools.
- Perfect for work trucks and jobsites without AC power supply.
- Rugged cast-iron design with an oil-lubed two-stage pump, steel belt guard, and a 30 gal. tank.
- Horizontal tank may feel bulky.
- Requires specialized equipment to move around.
4.Xc302100 – 30 Gal. 2 Hp 175 Psi Cast-iron Oil-lubed Two-stage Portable Vertical Air Compressor
This model has a dual-voltage 2 HP motor that uses either 120V or 240V for power. It delivers an airflow of 5.3 CFM @ 90 PSI. And has a 30 gallon tank with a 175 max PSI capacity. Besides its space-saving vertical tank style, the model is portable. It also features a durable cast-iron oil-lubed two-stage pump and an enclosed metal belt guard.
- The dual-voltage capacity suits DIYers and contractors alike.
- 175 max PSI, 2 HP, and 5.3 CFM @ 90 PSI allow for heavy-duty jobs like upholstery.
- The vertical 30 gal. tank is easy to maneuver.
- Depends on AC power supply.
- May not suffice for some rotary air tools, especially cut-off tools.
5.CE7002 and CE7003 – 30 Gal. 14 HP and 13 HP 175 PSI Cast-Iron Oil-Lubed Two-Stage Cordless Air Compressors
These gas-powered air compressors boast 26.1 CFM @ 90 PSI. The CE7002 model achieves this by using a 14 HP Kohler CH440 engine. And the CE7003 air compressor employs a 13 HP Honda GX390 engine. Both models utilize a 30 gallon tank with 175 max PSI. Such specs let both air compressors drive demanding pneumatic tools – like sanders, cut-off tools, and grinders – anywhere.
- Independent power supply with 13 and 14 HP gas engines.
- Cast-iron UL and CSA build with a 30 gal. tank, oil-lubed two-stage pump, and steel belt guard.
- 175 max PSI and 26.1 CFM @ 90 PSI suit intense rotary air tools.
- Too heavy for hassle-free transportation.
- Horizontal tank isn’t space-efficient.
6.VT6104 and VT6271 – 30 Gal. 3.7 HP 135 PSI Cast-Iron Oil-Lubed Single-Stage Portable Air Compressors
These portable models have a UL and CSA compliant design with a cast-iron oil-lubed single-stage pump and metal belt guard. They feature a 30 gallon tank with a 135 max PSI capacity. And deliver 10.2 CFM @ 90 PSI with the help of a 3.7 HP motor. With such specs, these air compressors suit a variety of air jobs. From low-key nailing to heavy-duty sanding.
- Portable and versatile units for hobbyists and professionals alike.
- Robust cast-iron oil-lubed UL and CSA design with a 30 gal. tank.
- 135 max PSI, 3.7 HP, and 10.2 CFM @ 90 PSI for a variety of pneumatic jobs.
- Can’t run on 120V current.
- Horizontal tank may feel unwieldy.
7. VT6358 and VT6367 – 30 Gal. 2 HP 135 PSI Cast-Iron Oil-Lubed Single-Stage Portable Vertical Air Compressors
Featuring a vertical tank style, these portable air compressors utilize a 30 gallon tank with 135 max PSI. They produce an airflow of 5.5 CFM @ 90 PSI. And employ a 2 HP dual-voltage motor that can use both 120V and 240V power supply. Both models have a cast-iron oil-lubed UL and CSA design. These specs make both air compressors versatile and suitable for DIYers and contractors alike.
- 135 max PSI, 2 HP, and 5.5 CFM @ 90 PSI suit both hobbies and auto repair jobs.
- Solid cast-iron oil-lubed UL and CSA build with a dual-voltage capacity.
- Portable design with a vertical space-efficient tank style.
- AC power reliant.
- Not suitable for commercial-grade use.
8.DC260000 – 26 Gal. 1.3 HP 150 PSI Oil-Free Single-Stage Portable Vertical Air Compressor
This Campbell Hausfeld air compressor is a match for worksites that need less hassle. Its portable design – with large wheels and a vertical tank – is ideal for garages and workshops. And its oil-free build is easy to maintain. Its 26 gallon tank features 150 max PSI. And its 1.3 HP motor delivers 4 CFM @ 90 PSI. Its specs are perfect for hobbies, inflating, nailing, and auto repair jobs.
- Low-maintenance oil-free build for hobbyists and automotive enthusiasts.
- Portable space-saving design with a vertical 26 gal. tank for garages and workshops.
- 150 max PSI, 1.3 HP, and 4 CFM @ 90 PSI for most DIY projects.
- Demands AC power supply.
- Doesn’t suit professional applications.
9.VT6183 and VT6290 – 20 Gal. 2 HP 135 PSI Cast-Iron Oil-Lubed Single-Stage Portable Air Compressors
With a 20 gallon tank and 135 max PSI, these models work nicely for DIY and light-duty auto repair projects. They employ a 2 HP dual-voltage motor that produces 5.5 CFM @ 90 PSI. Enough to drive low-profile nailers and air hammers. Both air compressors are portable and UL and CSA compliant. They use a cast-iron oil-lubed pump with a metal belt guard.
- Portable design with dual-voltage versatility for DIYers and car fanatics.
- Durable cast-iron oil-lubed UL and CSA build with an easy-to-maneuver 20 gal. tank.
- Ample power for low-key air tools with 135 max PSI, 2 HP, and 5.5 CFM @ 90 PSI.
- Hinges on AC power availability.
- Clumsy horizontal tank style.
10. VT6171 and VT6171X – 20 Gal. 5.5 HP 135 PSI Cast-Iron Oil-Lubed Single-Stage Cordless Portable Air Compressors
These Campbell Hausfeld professional air compressors use Honda GX160 gas engines. Boasting 5.5 HP they deliver 10.2 CFM @ 90 PSI. Their 20 gallon tank handles 135 max PSI. And their heavy-duty commercial UL and CSA build is cast-iron and oil-lubed. With these specs, both models are perfect for automotive contractors and enthusiasts. They drive anything from tire inflators to impact wrenches.
- Stand-alone 5.5 HP Honda GX160 with 10.2 CFM @ 90 PSI for DIY and auto repairs alike.
- Longer service life with a heavy-duty cast-iron oil-lubed UL and CSA build.
- Steady airflow for commercial use with 135 max PSI and a portable 20 gal. tank.
- Horizontal tank occupies more space.
- Gas dependent.
11.VT6182 – 20 Gal. 3.7 HP 135 PSI Cast-Iron Oil-Lubed Single-Stage Portable Air Compressor
This commercial-grade model suits both hobbyists and professional contractors. It features a 20 gallon 135 max PSI tank. And produces 10.2 CFM @ 90 PSI with its 3.7 HP induction motor. Thanks to such specs, this UL and CSA compliant model drives air tools from blow guns to ratchets. The sturdy cast-iron oil-lubed build ensures longer service. And the portable design allows for easy transportation.
- 135 max PSI, 3.7 HP, and 10.2 CFM @ 90 PSI are enough for both DIY and professional use.
- Lasting cast-iron oil-lubed UL and CSA build.
- Portable design with an easy-to-move 20 gal. tank.
- Can only use a 230V power supply.
- Horizontal tank isn’t ideal for crammed worksites.
12. DC200100 – 20 gal. 1.3 HP 150 PSI Oil-Free Single-Stage Portable Vertical Air Compressor
With its oil-free ETL-compliant build, this Campbell Hausfeld air compressor is bliss to maintain. Its 1.3 HP induction motor delivers 4 CFM @ 90 PSI. And its 20 gallon 150 max PSI tank allows for consistent line pressure. The model has space-efficient and portable vertical design. Given its specs, the air compressor drives anything from nailers and staplers to spray guns and impact wrenches. And fits DIYers and professionals alike.
- No maintenance with an oil-free ETL build.
- Portable space-efficient vertical 20 gal. 150 max PSI tank.
- 1.3 HP and 4 CFM @ 90 PSI for wall framing, carpentry, roofing, exterior painting, and more.
- Operates on 120V current only.
- Not suitable for commercial-grade applications.
13.VX4002 and VX4011 – 15 gal. 2 HP 135 PSI Cast-Iron Oil-Lubed Single-Stage Portable Air Compressors
Producing 5.5 CFM @ 90 PSI, these portable models utilize a 15 gallon 135 max PSI tank. With a 2 HP dual-voltage motor, they work equally well for households and as Campbell Hausfeld professional air compressors. Running at more worksites, they drive air brushes and framing nailers alike. Both models have a cast-iron oil-lubed UL and CSA build that ensures longer service.
- Dual-voltage 2 HP motor works equally well for households and businesses.
- 5.5 CFM @ 90 PSI for nailing, inflating, and some auto repair jobs.
- UL and CSA cast-iron oil-lubed build with a portable 15 gal. 135 max PSI tank.
- Bound to AC power supply.
- Horizontal tank isn’t optimal for crowded locations.
14.DC130000 – 13 gal. 1.3 HP 125 PSI Cast-Iron Oil-Lubed Single-Stage Portable Air Compressor
This 13 gallon air compressor has a 125 max PSI capacity and delivers air at 3.8 CFM @ 90 PSI. Operating on 120V current, it uses a 1.3 HP induction motor. Despite modest specs, this model produces enough air power for low-profile pneumatic jobs, like DIY projects and nailing.
Having a reliable ETL-compliant build, the air compressor uses a long-lasting oil-lubed cast-iron pump. And features a portable design with a convenient handle and smooth-rolling wheels.
- 125 max PSI, 1.3 HP, and 3.8 CFM @ 90 PSI for hobbies and low-key air jobs.
- Durable ETL build with an oil-lubed cast-iron pump.
- Easy-to-move 13 gal. tank.
- Not suited for commercial applications.
- Unhandy horizontal tank style.
15.DC080500 – 8 Gal. 1 HP 125 PSI Oil-Free Single-Stage Quiet Portable Air Compressor
Making only 68 dBA of noise and using an oil-free pump, this air compressor is quiet and easy to maintain. It employs a 1 HP motor that produces 2.4 CFM @ 90 PSI. And features an 8 gal. 125 max PSI tank that is simple to transport. It works well for low-profile pneumatic jobs, like craft and art projects.
- Suits noise-sensitive worksites producing only 68 dBA of noise.
- 125 max PSI, 1 HP, and 2.4 CFM @ 90 PSI for stapling, nailing, brushing, and similar air jobs.
- Easy to maintain and use with an ETL oil-free design and a portable 8 gal. tank.
- Not tailored for commercial use.
- Runs on 120V current only.
16.HL540100AV – 8 Gal. 1.3 HP 125 PSI Oil-Lubed Single-Stage Portable Air Compressor
This 8 gallon model can run under 125 max PSI. It utilizes a 1.3 HP motor that delivers an airflow of 3.7 CFM @ 90 PSI. Its sturdy ETL-certified oil-lubed design allows for a reliable and long-lasting performance. And its portable build is easy to maneuver without hassle. With specs like these, the air compressor is geared towards most light-duty air jobs. It suits many undemanding home DIY projects and garage auto repairs.
- Hassle-free mobility with a portable 8 gal. tank.
- 125 max PSI, 1.3 HP, and 3.7 CFM @ 90 PSI for inflating, nailing, and auto repair air tools.
- Hard-wearing ETL-compliant oil-lubed build.
- Awkward horizontal tank placement.
- Can’t run on 230V current.
17.DC040500 – 4.6 Gal. 1 HP 125 PSI Oil-Free Single-Stage Quiet Portable Air Compressor
Lightweight, quiet, and maintenance-free, this Campbell Hausfeld air compressor is ideal for DIYers and smaller-scale contractors. Weighing 38 lbs, its oil-free ETL-compliant design generates only 68 dBA, which is ideal for an ongoing low-profile use. Its 4.6 gallon tank handles 125 max PSI. And its 1 HP 120V motor produces 2.2 CFM @ 90 PSI. This suits low-key inflators, nailers, and air tools for hobbies.
- Lightweight 38 lbs twin-stack design with a 4.6 gal. tank.
- 68 dBA oil-free ETL-certified build for quiet operation and maintenance-free ownership.
- Drives most light-duty air tools with 125 max PSI, 1 HP, and 2.2 CFM @ 90 PSI.
- For non-commercial use only.
- No wheels for rolling the unit.
18.FP209499AV and DC030000 – 3 Gal. 0.33 HP 110 PSI Oil-Free Single-Stage Portable Air Compressors
Compact and lightweight, these 3 gallon oil-free models use 0.33 HP induction motors, running on 120V household current. Delivering up to 0.39 CFM @ 90 PSI, they can work under 110 max PSI. This suffices for casual air jobs like cleaning lawn mowers and renovating furniture. The FP209499AV air compressor also comes with a 10-item handy accessory kit.
- Oil-free ETL build for effortless equipment cleaning, furniture renovation, and simple DIY jobs.
- Up to 0.39 CFM @ 90 PSI and 0.33 HP for basic pneumatic tools like air staplers.
- Compact lightweight design with a 3 gal. 110 max PSI tank.
- Unwieldy horizontal tank with no wheels for transportation.
- Not a match for heavy-duty tasks.
19.FP209000AV – 2 Gal. 0.33 HP 110 PSI Oil-Free Single-Stage Portable Air Compressor
With its 2 gallon 110 max PSI tank, this model has ample capacity for low-intensity air projects. Its 0.33 HP induction motor produces 0.36 CFM @ 90 PSI driving inflators and air nailers. And its compact oil-free design makes for a smooth experience. The air compressor comes with useful accessories: a handy needle adapter, two inflator nozzles, and other items for out-of-the-box performance.
- Compact 2 gal. 110 max PSI tank for brad nailing, air brushing, and other low-key tasks.
- Decent specs with 0.33 HP and 0.36 CFM @ 90 PSI matching most light-duty air tools.
- Seamless maintenance with an oil-free ETL-compliant design.
- Doesn’t suit demanding pneumatic jobs.
- Limited mobility due to no-wheel design.
20.FP2028 and DC010000 – 1 Gal. 0.33 HP 110 PSI Oil-Free Single-Stage Portable Air Compressors
Oil-free 1 gallon models conclude our Campbell Hausfeld air compressor review. Their 120V 0.33 HP motors deliver up to 0.5 CFM @ 90 PSI. With 110 max PSI, this suits air brushing, brad nailing, inflating, and stapling jobs. The FP2028 model includes a pancake tank and an accessory kit. The DC010000 model has classic horizontal tank placement. Both are easy to store and maintain with a compact oil-free design.
- Smooth air brushing and brad nailing alike with up to 0.5 CFM @ 90 PSI.
- 120V 0.33 HP motor for household projects.
- Portable oil-free ETL build with a decent 1 gal. 110 max PSI tank.
- Not optimal for serious DIYers.
- Use 120V current only.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Campbell Hausfeld a Good Brand?
Campbell Hausfeld is a brand with more than 180 years of history. The company has been manufacturing air compressors and pneumatic tools since 1940.
Having specialized in the field for decades, Campbell Hausfeld has developed a diverse range of air compressors with:
- Tank sizes from 1 to 120 gallons.
- Max PSI capacities of 100 and 175 alike.
- CFM ratings as low as 0.36 CFM @ 90 PSI and as high as 87 CFM @ 90 PSI.
- Induction motors as well as gas engines with HP ratings from 0.33 HP to 25 HP.
- Both long-lasting oil-lubed and low-maintenance oil-free designs.
- Stationary cast-iron and portable lightweight models likewise.
- Multiple tank styles available, from vertical and horizontal to twin-stack and pancake.
As you can tell, the brand makes air compressors for a wide spectrum of pneumatic jobs. Be it occasional DIY projects or daily professional-grade use, a Campbell Hausfeld air compressor will fit the bill.
Dependable and user-friendly, Campbell Hausfeld air compressors are a bliss to own and use.
FAQ: What Kind of Oil Goes in a Campbell Hausfeld Air Compressor?
An oil-lubed air compressor would typically use either a synthetic or a standard blend of oil without detergents. Standard 20-weight or 30-weight oils work for the majority of air compressors. With ISO 100 hydraulic oil being the most common choice. Some oil-lubed air compressor models, however, require very specific oils for operation. And Campbell Hausfeld air compressors are not an exception either. You will be wise to check the specific oil guidelines for a given oil-lubed Campbell Hausfeld air compressor.
FAQ: How to Use Campbell Hausfeld Air Compressors?
Using an air compressor to run a pneumatic tool isn’t rocket science:
- If the model isn’t oil-free, check the oil level.
- Connect the hose with the regulator valve.
- Plug the air tool into the hose.
- If the model isn’t gas-powered, plug the air compressor into either 120V or 230V outlet.
- Put on protective gear.
- Test the safety valve.
- Start the air compressor and wait until the tank pressurizes.
- Adjust the pressure to the PSI your air tool needs.
- After following these steps, you can run your pneumatic tool for as long as the tank has air.
- Once you finish, shut down the air compressor properly:
- Let out condensation using the tank drain valve.
- Drain the pressure by switching off the device.
- Detach the hose.
- Store and maintain the air compressor with care.
Despite how user-friendly Campbell Hausfeld air compressors are, each model is unique. This is especially so with Campbell Hausfeld professional air compressors. Going by the specific guidelines for a given Campbell Hausfeld air compressor model is the safest way to operate it.