5 Best Air Blowers For Bounce Houses & Inflatables
One reason bounce houses are so popular is that they’re fun and don’t require much maintenance. They’re safe as long as they’re strapped down and you can rent one if you don’t want to buy it outright. However, the ones you rent come with blowers that you send back with the rental.
When you purchase a bounce house, they generally come with the blower you need to inflate it. If it doesn’t come with one of the ones you have burnt out, then you’ll need to purchase a new one.
It’s important to know that there are commercial and regular bounce house blowers. Before heading to the store or surfing the web for a blower, you should understand what exactly you’re supposed to be looking for.
This guide goes over the best blowers for residential bounce houses. Without getting into a ton of statistics and spewing information that may not give you the answer you’re looking for, we’re going to go over the five best bounce house blowers that will give you the best bang for your buck.
If you’re in a rush, we will say that the TOBBI Air Pump is the best blower on the list due to the fact that it has a high CFM rating, more than enough horsepower, and exceptional safety standards.
|B-Air Koala||0.5||447||680||6 ft|
Top Air Blowers For Bounce Houses
1. TOBBI Air Pump – Best Overall
First up on the list is the TOBBI Air Pump. This is the best air blower on the list due to its notable features that surpass all others such as the high CFM, HP, and safety standards.
This small electric blower is ideal for inflating indoor and outdoor bounce houses, obstacle courses, air furniture, water slides, and more. Not only can it be used for inflation, but it can be used to blow debris off sidewalks, leaf cleanup, or drying wet surfaces such as carpet. It’s an extremely versatile blower that weighs next to nothing and is easy to transport.
Let’s take a look at some of its more notable features. This practical blower has been specifically designed for medium to large inflatable items.
It comes with a 450W motor that puts out a whopping 1000 CFM. CFM is the measurement at which air flows from a device such as this one. It’s the highest on the list, which is why it’s so versatile when it comes to inflation.
Additionally, the high-flow blower fan is exceptionally safe. It features two wire meshes that cover the vents. This protects anybody who is handling the device from getting cut. It also helps dissipate heat for optimal performance. There’s also a clear cover that protects the on/off switch and allows you to safely use the button if it gets wet.
Lastly, the durability of this blower is unmatched, It’s composed of sturdy PE plastic and iron. It cannot rust or corrode. There’s also a generous 13-foot electrical cord that gives you more freedom to use the blower wherever needed.
Costzon Air Blower, Pump Fan Commercial Inflatable Bouncer Blower, Perfect for Inflatable Bounce House, Jumper, Bouncy Castle (480 Watt 0.6HP)
$79.99 in stock
- 【Safe Design】- Costzon electric air blower has a clear cover on the switch, which is safe enough for you to turn on/off in case it gets wet. There are 2 wire meshes covering on 2 vents, which can protect our hands from getting cut when on working status. Our portable air blower pump uses a particular built-in bearing, which performs better than others made of plastic; the air blower pump engine runs more smoothly.
- 【Compact & Portable】- This high pressure air blower pump with a handle on the top is easy and convenient to transport or carry; The small size of this electric pump blower will take less space on your room, which is portable operation by 1 person independently.
- 【Wide Usage】- With 0.6 horsepower, strong and efficient 480 watts motor, 4-1/4” (outside) air outlet diameter, quickly filling and greatly air flowing, this air blower pump fan works well with outdoor bounce houses, water slides, obstacle courses, air sofas and other suitable inflatable bouncers.
- 【Silent Mode】- This air blower pump uses high-quality metal impellers, which greatly reduces its noise in operation; This air blower bump will bring your life a double advantage; This impeller and built-in bearing will greatly reduce noise spreading; While getting rid of the loud sound, this material of impeller will not increase the weight.
- 【Easy Operation】- This air blower pump is ergonomic and anti-slip. The input voltage is 110V-120V AC/60HZ 4.2A. This air blower pump has 13 feet length power cord, easy-handhold grip design, which make it convenient to inflate products and be a time saver for any occasion.
- Quiet operation
- 1000 CFM rating
- Generous 13-foot cord
- Exceptionally safe
2. B-Air Koala KP-680 – Best Air Blower For Inflatable Water Slide
The B-Air bounce house is a blower specifically for small or medium bounce houses, inflatable castles, slides, and other smaller inflatables. Not only that but it can be used for blowing debris off of your driveway or sidewalk and for drying wet surfaces. Its compact size provides better storage opportunities and its lightweight nature allows it to be carried easily.
This 0.5 HP blower offers nothing shy of superior performance. It can blow up inflatables from 10’x10’ to 13’x13’. It puts out 447 CFM and has a maximum static pressure of 6.75”. Its lightweight and easy-to-carry design give you maximum portability, especially if you use it for children’s birthday parties. It’s stackable and features a weight-balanced handle.
Additionally, the durability of this blower is quite notable. It has a rotomolded housing with a patented safety design such as the perverse air louver assembly. The 6-foot power cord can be stored away in its own built-in compartment so you don’t have to fumble around with it as you’re carrying the blower.
- Quiet operation
- Safe design
- Ideal for small or medium inflatables
- Weight-balanced handle
- Built-in cord compartment
- The motor is not enclosed
3. Costzon Air Blower
The Costzon Air Blower is both compact and portable for on-the-go use with small to medium bounce houses. There is a carrying handle on the top of the blower that makes transportation easy. The fact that the blower is so small makes it much simpler to store when not in use.
In terms of power, this blower has a 1.0 horsepower motor and a 4-¼ diameter air outlet. It has the capability to put out 494 CFM and will work well for air furniture, water slides, and more.
This blower is also very quiet. The pump uses metal impellers, which helps reduce the noise when it’s in operation. It’s important to remember that just because the impellers are heavy-duty, it does not increase the weight of the blower.
Lastly, the Costzon blower is simple to operate and it’s safe. The pump is ergonomic and anti-slip.
There is a clear cover on the switch, which allows you to turn the blower on or off even if it’s wet. Additionally, there are two wire meshes that cover the vents, protecting your hands from getting cut while it’s operational. There is also a 13-foot electrical cord that’s ready for you to use anywhere.
- Long power cord
- Generous CFM
- Quiet operation
- Powerful motor
- May prematurely stop working
4. DREAMVAN Air Blower
Next up is the DREAMVAN air blower. This easy-to-use blower will make inflating your bounce house even easier than you could ever imagine.
All you need to do is plug in the 7-foot cord and push the power button. There is an easy-handhold grip on the blower that adds to the portability and convenience factor.
Along with being portable and easy to use, it also features a safe design. The blower has a clear cover over the on/off switch that allows you to operate the button even if the outside of the blower gets wet.
There are also two wire meshes on the vents that protect your hands from getting cut when the blower is in use. Additionally, there is a built-in bearing that performs better than other plastic types.
In addition to all of the other features, the DREAMVAN air blower has a generous 0.6 HP motor with a 450 CFM output. It has an input voltage of 110-120V and 4.2A.
All you need to do is place the heat where the filling hole is and turn on the power. If anything is to happen to the blower, the company offers a 1-year warranty and lifetime support. Additionally, they offer free replacement if you are unhappy with your product in any way.
Inflatable Bouncer Blower, Electric Air Blower Fan for Inflatable Bounce House, Jumper, Bouncy Castle(450W 0.6HP), Commercial Inflatable Blower Bounce House Blower, Convenient to Carry Yellow
- 【Widely Used Inflatable Blower】This air blower is applicable to many kinds of inflatable products. The bounce blower works well with outdoor bounce houses, water slides, air sofas and other suitable large outdoor inflatables. Give your kids more fun, enjoy family happiness together.
- 【Powerful Inflatable Bouncer Blower】Inflatable Blower- The unique rear heat dissipation design has double unique design ideas: Effectively improve the heat dissipation of the motor; Using high-quality materials to ensure the life of the motor, the design is not easy to block, enhance the life of the air blower.
- 【Safe Design&Easy Operation Air Blower】Designed according to European and American blower safety standards, equipped with a safe and reliable air inlet Net, effectively improving the safety of air blower fans. Inflatable Bouncer Blower- easy to use. ⚠️: Avoid to use air blower outdoors on rainy day; avoid getting the plug of blower wet.
- 【Low Noise & Portable Air Blower】Air blower for inflatables - Blower is Lightweight, Portable, Low noise and easy to use. This air blower pump has 13Feet length power cord, easy-handhold grip design, which make air blower easy to carry and convenient to inflate bounce house/castle and be a time saver for any occasion.
- 【Bounce House Blower Specification】This inflatable bouncer blower air blower is ergonomic and anti-slip. Power: with 0.6HP, strong and efficient 450W motor; Voltage: 115V, 60HZ 3.8A; 3200 speed(r/mir); External Size: 12.9''x9.2''x13.4''(L*W*H)
- Low noise level
- Lightweight and portable
- Generous warranty
- Easy to use
- Safe design
5. NUNUA Air Blower
Last on the list is the NUNUA air blower. It’s an ideal blower for outdoor bounce houses, air sofas, water slides, and more. It is specifically designed for small to medium bounce house inflation and has a power rating of 480 watts. Not only that, but it’s very quiet with a Decibel rating of just 45.
When it comes to power, the NUNUA air blower has 0.64 HP and a 480-watt motor. It can put out 950 CFM, which is more than enough for any residential bounce house or other inflatable structure. Additionally, the motor contains roller bearings that provide it with long operation and quick speeds.
One of the best features of this air blower is that it’s waterproof and exceptionally safe. The blower is constructed of flame retardant polypropylene materials.
This ensures that the blower can be safely used for long periods. It has a waterproof rating of IP44, which allows operation in drizzle and dusty weather without malfunctioning. The blower passes strict life test and is certified by UL.
NUNUA Inflatable Bounce House Blower, 480 Watt Air Blower for Inflatable Castle and Jump Slides, Portable and Powerful Fan Pump Commercial Inflatable Blower
- ☪ High-speed Motor --- This blower with 0.64 hp, 480 watt motor and exclusively designed impellers, quickly filling and greatly air flowing.
- ☪ Stability & Quiet --- The portable air blower pump uses a particular built-in bearing, high-quality metal impellers and motor.
- ☪ Stable & non-leakage --- The circular air outlet is equipped with a debris screen to help wind flow. The wind is strong and the wind pressure is stable and does not leak.
- ☪ Safe & waterproof --- The blower is made of flame retardant of polypropylene materials, which is durable and apyrous, and it is enough to ensure the safety when it be used for a long time; Blower has a transparent cover on the switch and its waterproof rating reach IP44.
- ☪ Convenient portable and firm base --- The top of the blower has a handle, and the humanized design is portable for easy movement. The base increases the force-bearing area and is not easily affected by external forces.
- Long lifespan
- Efficient motor
- Quiet operation
- Decent CFM output
- May not inflate certain bounce houses as advertised
Air Blower Buyers Guide
A bounce house blower is essentially a larger version of a blower used to inflate an air mattress. You can simply plug it into any outlet and attach it to the bounce house. Once you turn the blower on, you can leave it on to keep the bounce house inflated while it’s in use.
You may have come to the conclusion that there are many specifications that air blowers have. There are really only two specifications that you need to concern yourself with and it’s horsepower and cubic feet per minute. If you don’t have enough of either of these specifications, your bounce house won’t inflate or stay inflated.
The horsepower of the air blowers is one of the most important specifications when it comes to inflating bounce houses. It’s essentially like the horsepower you would have in a vehicle, but much less.
You may find that a typical bounce house blower will have 1 to 3 horsepower. The more horsepower the blower has, the more rotational power the fan will have and there will then be more air output.
Cars contain much more horsepower than a blower, but the blower doesn’t require as much because it only needs to inflate a small bounce house. Even some of the largest bounce houses only require 2 or 3 horsepower. The only downside to blowers with more horsepower is that they are going to be louder.
Cubic Feet Per Minute (CFM)
Cubic feet per minute is how much air the blower will produce each minute. This isn’t to be confused with PSI. CFM and PSI do relate to each other to ensure that tools are properly operating.
However, when it comes to air blowers, you don’t need to look for PSI ratings as it doesn’t use compressed air. You simply plug it in and turn it on
The CFM is the measurement of volume at which air moves in terms of cubic feet per minute, as already mentioned.
Each CFM unit equals 1 cubic foot of air that comes from the blower in one minute. The higher the CFM is, the quicker your bounce house will inflate. Additionally, the more CFM the blower has, the firmer your bounce house will be while in use.
Is Overinflation Possible?
One thing that homeowners worry about when operating a bounce house is whether or not it can overinflate and explode. They think of it as more than a balloon, which is a false representation of what a bounce house is.
A balloon can only be inflated to a certain point before it pops whereas a bounce house has areas where air can escape slowly to allow constant airflow to remain inflated. If the air is turned off, the bounce house will deflate.
Since air can escape the bounce house through small vents, it can’t actually get too much air with the blower and can’t overinflate. This doesn’t mean that you should buy the largest blower you can find, though.
They will inflate the bounce house quicker, but it will keep it inflated just as well as the smaller ones. So, buying a larger blower is a waste of energy and creates more noise than there needs to be.
What Size Blower Do You Need?
Before we get into this part, it’s important to know that the blowers on our list are strictly for residential use only. If you have commercial bounce houses, you will need to look for commercial blowers.
In terms of size, there aren’t really any set rules as to what blower you need. You will, however, want to choose something with a higher CFm and horsepower rating for larger bounce houses.
You can get away with a 1 HP and 800-900 CFM rating for a small 12’ x 12’ bounce house. On the other hand, a commercial bounce house will need at least 2 HP and 1000-2000 CFM. Obstacle courses and large water slides will require 1.5 HP to 2 HP blowers.
Since you can’t over-inflate your bounce house, you can essentially choose whatever blower you want, but if you don’t need the extra power, don’t use it. However, if you have an older bounce house that requires a little extra oomph, then stick with the more powerful blower.
We want to take a minute to talk about proper blower operation. If it’s not being used in the correct manner, it could lead to premature motor failure or something of the sort.
When using a blower, you’ll want to take note of where it’s being attached to the unit. You will find that bounce houses have a supply tube that’s a few feet long. Keep that tube straight and without kinks while in use.
Additionally, pay attention to where you’re placing your bounce house. Your blower cord is only so long and it’s best that it’s not used with an extension cord if it doesn’t have to be.
Once your blower has been connected, it could take anywhere from one minute to three minutes for the bounce house to completely inflate. It’s normal to hear air escaping from the bounce house. This is to allow it to stay properly inflated and firm.
Air Blower vs Air Compressor & Air Pump
An air blower is different from an air compressor in that the blower gives large amounts of air in large amounts at low weight whereas an air compressor builds up pressure and releases it, but then needs to build back up again.
An air compressor is only capable of holding as much air as the tank can store. Air blowers are able to release air constantly without needing to use stored air. It simply sucks in air from outside and releases it into the bounce house.
Air pumps, on the other hand, are geared more towards fish tank operation and air mattress inflation.
These are not practical for use with bounce houses since they can’t put out the volume of air needed for proper bounce house inflation. Not to mention, it would take a lifetime and a day to blow up a bounce house with a regular air pump.
As you can see, there isn’t a ton of thought that has to go into choosing a blower for your bounce house.
Just ensure that your blower can accommodate the bounce house that you have. You can check on the manufacturer’s website or in the owner’s manual to find what CFM and horsepower your bounce house needs.
As mentioned earlier, we really like the TOBBI Air Pump as the best fit for most, if not all, small to medium residential bounce house blowers. It has more than enough horsepower to operate smaller commercial bounce houses as well if you really need something in a pinch.
As a final note, please make sure that you are operating your blower as per the manufacturer’s instructions. Not operating the blower properly can lead to defects or even personal injury. All-in-all, they’re safe to operate in dry weather conditions, but not all are operable in wet weather.