150 PSI air compressors are a class of air compressor where tank pressures are in the range to operate air tools. This type of air compressor can be found in home garages, and they usually have an oil-free design. The best 150 PSI air compressor will be durable, will have a 78.5 dB noise level, and also will have a flow rate of 2.6 CFM at 90 PSI.
In this review, we are going to take a close look at the top 150 PSI air compressors. We will rate them based on PSI, CFM, HP, Design, and Reliability.
After that, you’ll find buyers guide where we will take you through how to choose the best 150 PSI air compressors.
Best 150 PSI Air Compressors
|Product name||CFM||Weight||Tank Size|
|PORTER-CABLE C2002 Oil-Free||2.6||31 Lbs||6 Gallon|
|Craftsman 150 PSI 6-Gallon Air Compressor||2.8||35 Lbs||6 Gallon|
|Bostitch BTFP02012 6 Gallon 150 PSI||2.6||31 Lbs.||6 Gallon|
|Husky 8G 150 PSI Hotdog Air Compressor||3.7||60 Lbs||8 Gallon|
|Kobalt 0300841 8-Gallon||3.8||49 Lbs.||8 Gallon|
|Craftsman 33 gal. Air Compressor||7.5||119 Lbs||33 Gallon|
|PORTER-CABLE 6-Gallon||2.6||30 Lbs.||6 Gallon|
|29 Gal. 2 HP 150 PSI||7.3||182 Lbs.||29 Gallon|
1. PORTER-CABLE C2002 Oil-Free UMC Pancake Compressor
The higher-pressure design provides more extended air tool performance and features a 2.6 SCFM at 90 PSI, allowing for quick recovery time. Its oil-free pump requires almost no maintenance. This compressor has a low AMP 120V motor that starts without any problems in cold weather.
It is also equipped with an extendable power cord that eliminates any power supply issue. All of its key parts are shrouded in hardcover for maximum protection. This compressor has a 6-gallon tank and is easily transportable.
The unit comes with a one-year limited warranty on its components. For further convenience, two regulated factory-installed air couplers support two users at once.
- Constructed with a pancake style tank for optimal stability
- Provides longer air tool performance
- Product dimensions: 18.3 x 18 x 19 inches
2. Craftsman 150 PSI 6-Gallon – Portable Electric Air Compressor
The CRAFTSMAN 6 Gallon air compressor features an oil-free pump for maintenance-free operation and a long life of the unit. It is lightweight and portable, as it weighs in at only 30 lbs. It is the preferred choice of those who need a long run-time and quick recovery of their compressor.
Proudly manufactured in the USA with high-quality materials in Jackson, Tennessee, the compressor’s 6-gallon pancake tank maximizes portability and pressure of the stored air.
- Durable, oil-free pump for long life and no maintenance
- 150 MAX PSI to ensure adequate cut-in pressure for a variety of applications
- 2.6 SCFM at 90 PSI allows for quick compressor recovery time
- Easily starts up in cold weather
- 2 Couplers to support two users
- Made in the USA with quality materials
- Lightweight: 30 lbs
3. Bostitch BTFP02012 6 Gallon 150 PSI Oil-Free Compressor
The Bostitch BTFP02012 6 Gallon 150 PSI Oil-Free Compressor is a portable and lightweight unit. It features an oil-free, maintenance-free pump that delivers 2.6 SCFM at 90PSI and a maximum tank capacity of 150 PSI.
This allows for a long tool run time and quick recovery. The 78.5 DBA rating is perfect for a quiet work environment. It is equipped with a BOSTITCH high-efficiency motor that is undaunted by cold weather.
The unit comes with a 50-feet cord extension. The BOSTITCH high flow regulator and couplers maximize air tool performance. It has two universal couplers that can easily support two users at the same time. At only 29 lbs weight, this unit is easy to move around and store.
- 150 max PSI 6.0-gallon tank (22.7 L) and 2.6 SCFM delivered at 90 PSI pump
- High-efficiency motor for easy start-up in cold weather
- 78.5 dBA operational noise level for a quiet work environment
- High flow regulator and couplers to maximize air tool performance
- Long-life oil-free, maintenance-free pump for convenient use
- Note:Item does not includes hose or gun kit
- 150 max PSI 6.0 gallon tank (22.7 L) and 2.6 SCFM* delivered @ 90 PSI pump
- High efficiency motor for easy start up in cold weather ; BOSTITCH high efficiency motor for easy start up in cold weather or extension cord application [14 ga or larger, 50 ft. (15.2 m) or less]
4. Husky 8G 150 PSI – 150 PSI Hotdog Air Compressor
This 8 Gal. Portable Oil-Free Electric Air Compressor is ideal for completing a multitude of household inflation jobs, such as bike tires, car tires, sports balls, pool toys, and air mattresses. It efficiently handles brad and finishes nailers for trim/finish jobs, arts and crafts projects, and household repairs without a hassle.
The compressor has rubber wheels, which make it easily transportable. This unit comes with a 2-year limited warranty that covers defects in workmanship or materials. The warranty is specific to this air compressor model.
Its warranty applies only to the original retail purchaser and may not be transferred. This warranty does not cover normal wear and tear or any malfunction, failure or defect resulting from misuse, abuse, or neglect.
This is a piston compressor, and on each stroke, the noise emanating from the inlet is quite substantial. Thus, you may need to wear earplugs. However, that doesn’t affect how well it runs. On the whole, this is a good compressor for the money.
- This refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, basic cleaning, inspection, and repackaging. The product ships with all relevant accessories, and may arrive in a generic box
5. Kobalt 0300841 8-Gallon Portable Electric Horizontal Air Compressor
The 150-PSI, 8-gal Kobalt horizontal electric portable air compressor is perfect for use with a variety of power tools. It’s 120-volt, 1.8-HP copper winding induction motor provides smooth operation.
Just like the models discussed above, this unit has an ab oil-free pump that requires less maintenance. It also has a control panel with 2-in steel case gauges, a regulator, and a quick brass coupler for easy access and operation.
This unit’s removable handle and rubber wheels provide easy transportation and storage. It comes with a 6-ft power cord with strap, while its pump and motor are fully-shrouded for maximum noise reduction.
- Brand New in box. The product ships with all relevant accessories
6. Craftsman 33 gal Air Compressor, 1.6 hp, Vertical Tank, 150 Max PSI
Its 33-gallon tank and 150 max PSI provides more power for a longer tool running time. The unit also comes with an extension cord of up to 50 ft. This is a stationary unit weighing at 119 lbs.
- Oil-Free Pump Design – Maintenance-free with no oil to add
- Quiet Operation – 78dBA per ISO3744
- Extension Cord Friendly – Use with a 12 gauge (or higher) extension cord up to 50 ft.
- Rated to ISO1217, the internationally recognized standard for measuring SCFM
- High flow coupler & regulator for maximum air tool run time
- 33 gallon vertical tank.
- Standard plug.
- 110-120 V AC, 15 amps.
7. 29 Gal. 2 HP 150 PSI Cast Iron Vertical Air Compressor
This air compressor’s 2 HP motor allows up to 150 PSI of air at your hands. Its key features include a conveniently placed handle, smooth-rolling wheels and a fully shrouded pump and motor.
Woodworking shops, metalworking shops or anywhere where pneumatic tools are used can benefit from this air compressor!
- Oil-lubricated pump for reliable performance
- Twin capacitor motor for easy start-up
- Adjustable handle and semi-pneumatic tires for easy maneuvering
- Thermal overload protection
- Dual pressure gauges and built-in quick coupler
- Oil lubricated pump for reliable performance
- Adjustable handle and semi-pneumatic tires for easy maneuvering
- Thermal overload protection
Personal use compressors are smaller, more compact units that focus on portability more than anything else. Most of the models discussed above are compact and lightweight, so you can quickly fill sports balls, car tires, or inflatable pools.
Yet, they have some capacity to support pneumatic power tools. Pancake compressors and hot dog style compressors are the best for semi-professional use
Semi-pro Pancake Compressors
Pancake compressors have a squatted, round air tank with the pump sitting on top of it, a design that has much in common with a propane tank.
They are designed to be easily moved around and can cope with everyday tasks like inflating tires, most nail guns, staplers, or airbrushes.
Pancake compressors typically come with six-gallon tanks and just enough pressure to operate a brad nailer and other smaller air tools. The average price for these pancake-style compressors is around $100.
They require very little maintenance and are very portable – just don’t expect them to run air tools that need more CFM. They are usually fitted with an electric motor that is more often than not oil-less and does not require any serious maintenance.
Semi-pro Hot Dog Compressors
The Hot Dog models are designed for mobility, low maintenance, and ease of use. They are so named for their cylindrical tanks, short and rounded off at the ends, like a hot dog.
Hot dog air compressors can hold more air in their tanks. There are models with 12-gallon tanks. Their price may range, but you can expect to pay between $100 and $220 for small units. Heavier-duty models may cost up to several hundreds of dollars. Hot dog air compressors can be horizontal or vertical.
Features To Look For
Oil-free motors provide maintenance-free conditions making them less of a hassle to store and run. Models with low noise levels make them suitable for indoor use, even with people around.
You can find single or dual tank hot dog style compressors in the marketplace, but our experts consider the dual tank models to be geared more towards professional use.
Frequently Asked Questions
What size of compressor do I need?
In order to determine what size compressor will meet your requirements, you need to establish how it will be used. For example, if you will be using it to power air tools, then you need to determine the CFM of each device.
There are many applications for air compressors. If you need help deciding which size is best for you, please contact Mi‑T‑M at 800-553-9053, and we will be happy to assist you.
What kind of air compressor do I need for air tools?
Single tool use: If a 1/2″ impact wrench requires 5.0 CFM at 90 PSI, then the unit should deliver between 6.25 and 7.5 CFM at 90 PSI.
Multiple tool use: If you plan to run more than one tool at the same time, you must add the CFM of each device together to determine your needs.
What are CFM and PSI?
The notation CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute) refers to a volume of air produced by the air compressor at a given pressure or PSI (Pound per Square Inch). The right size air compressor will meet your needs in two essential areas: airflow (CFM) and pressure (PSI).
Thanks for taking the time to read our review. We do hope that with the information in it, you will be able to buy the most appropriate 150-PSI air compressor for your needs. Should you need any further information, do not hesitate to reach out to us.
Last update on 2020-11-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API