Central Pneumatic is a line of air compressors and pneumatic tools launched by Harbor Freight Tools in 1982.
Central Pneumatic manufactures its air compressors in Taiwan. In the U.S., Central Pneumatic air compressors are sold by Harbor Freight Tools through the chain of its retail stores.
Based on our research, the best Central Pneumatic air compressor is Model 61454. It offers 125 PSI and 2.5HP, which is suitable for most users. If you like to consider more commercial options, read on.
Top Central Pneumatic Air Compressors
|Product name||Max PSI||CFM Rating @ 90 PSI||HP||Tank Size|
|Model #62779, 62913||180 PSI||18 SCFM||14||30 gal|
|Model #93274||165 PSI||15.8 SCFM||5||60 gal.|
|#Model 69783, 62404||135 PSI||9 SCFM||6.5||9 gal|
|Model #61489, 62765||150 PSI||5.9 SCFM||2||29 gal|
|Model #62441, 62802||125 PSI||5.3 SCFM||2.5||10 gal|
|Model #61454, 62803, 63635||125 PSI||4.7 SCFM||2.5||21 gal|
|Model #68740, 69667||125 PSI||4.5 SCFM||2||8 gal|
|Model #68067, 69669, 62629||150 PSI||4 SCFM||1.8||26 gal|
|Model # 62763||125 PSI||3.5 SCFM||2||4 gal|
|Model # 60637, 61615||100 PSI||0.6 SCFM||1/3||3 gal|
1.Model # 61454, 62803, 63635 – 21 Gal. 2.5 HP 125 PSI Oil-Lubed Portable Vertical Air Compressor
Delivering air at the rate of 4.7 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute) @ 90 PSI, this model uses a 2.5 HP motor. It has a quick-connect coupler and a 21-gallon tank capable of 125 max PSI.
This vertical air compressor’s specs work nicely for hobbies and low-profile pneumatic jobs. The model has enough power for inflating, nailing, and some auto repair tools.
This air compressor provides:
- A flow rate of 4.7 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute) @ 90 PSI coupled with a 2.5 HP motor.
- A CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) certified built with an oil-lubed pump, cast-iron sleeve, and thermal overload protection.
- Portable design with an ergonomic handle, rubber foot stabilizers, and smooth-rolling wheels.
- A 21 gal tank that has a 125 max PSI capacity.
2.Model # 60637, 61615 – 3 Gal. 1/3 HP 100 PSI Oil-Free Pancake Air Compressor
Delivering a 0.6 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute) @ 90 PSI flow rate, this air compressor utilizes a 1/3 HP motor. It employs a 3-gallon tank with a 100 max PSI capacity.
Its low-profile specs make this model suitable, especially for minor DIY tasks, such as stapling, airbrushing, and brad nailing. Thanks to its pancake-shaped design, it also works nicely on rooftops.
This air compressor includes:
- An air delivery rate of 0.6 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute) @ 90 PSI and a 1/3 HP motor with overload protection.
- An oil-free pancake-shaped design with less maintenance and more stability.
- A quick-connect coupler, accessory storage, a convenient handle, and legible gauges.
- A 3 gal. Tank capable of 100 max PSI.
3.Model # 61489, 62765 – 29 Gal. 2 HP 150 PSI Oil-Lubed Portable Vertical Air Compressor
This vertical air compressor includes a large 29-gallon cast-iron tank with an impressive 150 max PSI capacity. Using a 2 HP twin capacitor motor, it delivers the flow rate of 5.9 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute) @ 90 PSI.
Thanks to its specs, this air compressor is a super choice for heavy-duty pneumatic jobs that employ rotary air tools.
- Direct drive induction motor with thermal overload protection
- Easy-to-carry handle and smooth-rolling wheels for hassle-free mobility
- Clear view oil window lets you know when its time to refill oil
- High impact ABS shroud for maximum protection
- Decibel Level: 88 dB at 1 meter;
This air compressor has:
- A 2 HP twin capacitor motor with a 5.9 CFM @ 90 PSI rate of air delivery.
- A CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) certified oil-lubed design with full motor and pump shrouding and overload protection.
- Portable design with an adjustable handle and semi-pneumatic wheels.
- A massive 29 gal. Cast-iron tank with a 150 PSI capacity and dual pressure gauges.
4.Model # 62441, 62802 – 10 Gal. 2.5 HP 125 PSI Oil-Lubed Portable Air Compressor
This model employs a 2.5 HP motor that has built-in thermal overload protection. It can produce 5.3 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute) @ 90 PSI and withstands up to 125 PSI of max pressure.
The air compressor features an oil-lubed design and uses a 10-gallon tank with easy-to-read gauges. With such configuration, this air compressor does the trick for low-intensity tasks, like nailing, inflating, and DIY projects.
This model’s upsides are:
- A 2.5 HP motor with an ability to produce 5.3 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute) @ 90 PSI.
- An adjustable air regulator, oil-lubed pump, and high-impact ABS (Antilock Breaking System) shrouding.
- Superb portability thanks to an ergonomic handle and well-designed wheels.
- A decent-sized ten gal. tank enduring up to 125 PSI of pressure.
5.Model # 69783, 62404 – 9 Gal. 212cc 6.5 HP 135 PSI Oil-Lubed Portable Wheelbarrow Air Compressor EPA III
This air compressor comes with a 6.5 HP motor and an air delivery rate of 9 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute) @ 90 PSI. Capable of 135 max PSI, its 9-gallon tank ensures stable line pressure with minimal moisture in the line.
This model works well with low-key air tools, like blowguns, nailers, and airbrushes. Its wheelbarrow design suits DIY applications nicely.
This potent gas-powered 135 PSI air compressor features a wheelbarrow design for easy transport to and from the job site. Twin tanks deliver more consistent line pressure and reduce the amount of moisture in the line.
This air compressor also includes an enclosed belt guard that cools the pump and allows for better performance and longer service life.
The model’s pros are:
- An air delivery rate of 9 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute) @ 90 PSI and a 6.5 HP 212cc motor.
- An EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) III compliant design with an oil-lubed pump, low oil shutoff, and pump-cooling.
- A portable wheelbarrow design with semi-pneumatic wheels.
- A 9 gal. Twin tank with cast-iron sleeves and a 135 max PSI capacity.
6.Model # 68740, 69667 – 8 Gal. 2 HP 125 PSI Oil-Lubed Portable Air Compressor
This model features a 2 HP direct drive induction motor with thermal overload protection. It supplies air at the rate of 4.5 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute) @ 90 PSI.
And includes an 8-gallon tank that withstands 125 max PSI. Based on its specs, this air compressor is better suited for more straightforward tasks, such as hobbies, inflating, and nailing.
The model’s strengths are:
- A 2 HP direct drive induction motor with a 4.5 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute) @ 90 PSI flow rate.
- Reliable oil-lubed design with full high-impact ABS (Antilock Breaking System) shrouding for motor and pump.
- A portable design thanks to a well-placed handle and smooth-rolling wheels.
- An eight gal. Tank with a 125 max PSI capacity and clear gauges.
7.Model # 68067, 69669, 62629 – 26 Gal. 1.8 HP 150 PSI Oil-Free Portable Air Compressor
Thanks to its 26-gallon tank allowing for up to 150 PSI of pressure, this model boasts longer running times. Utilizing a 1.8 HP motor, this air compressor produces the flow rate of 4 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute) @ 90 PSI.
Given its configuration, the model is more suitable for light-duty pneumatic jobs, such as nailing and inflating. It can also power certain, less demanding rotary, and auto repair tools.
This air compressor offers:
- A flow rate of 4 CFM @ 90 PSI and a 1.8 HP motor.
- A CSA certified low-maintenance oil-free design with fully covered pump and motor.
- Portable design with a convenient handle and smooth-rolling wheels.
- A 26 gal. Tank capable of 150 max PSI.
8.Model # 62763 – 4 Gal. 2 HP 125 PSI Oil-Lubed Portable Twin Tank Air Compressor
This air compressor comes with a 4-gallon twin tank and a 125 max PSI capacity. It employs a 2 HP motor and supplies air at the rate of 3.5 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute) @ 90 PSI.
Because of its twin tank design, this model works well on rooftops, and whenever more stability is desirable. It also does the trick for lower-profile uses, such as hobbies, nailing, and inflating.
The model’s merits are:
- A 2 HP motor and a more stable air delivery at the rate of 3.5 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute) @ 90 PSI.
- An oil-lubed pump and an adjustable air regulator.
- Portable design with a large handle.
- A 4 gal. Twin tank with dual pressure gauges.
9.Model # 93274 – 60 Gal. 5 HP 165 PSI Oil-Lubed Two-Stage Air Compressor
This industrial-grade model has a 5 HP engine and delivers air at a rate of 15.8 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute) @ 90 PSI. Its 60-gallon tank is ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers) certified and withstands 165 PSI of max pressure.
With specs like that, this air compressor is ideal for heavy-duty pneumatic jobs. It can easily power a range of more demanding air tools, such as paint guns.
This air compressor is powerful and is well suited for factories or garages. Model 93274 features highly durable cast-iron cylinders, and since it is ASME certified, it’s suitable for automotive, industrial or commercial use. This compress is easy to start and stop safely, thanks to it’s automatic on/off feature.
Its engine runs at 1368 RPM and is backed up by a factory warranty. If you want to go with this one, there is something you need to know.
This compressor comes in both a ‘single stage’ and ‘two stages’ design. Make sure to get the two-stage one, as it’s the model we are talking about in this review.
- A powerful air delivery at the rate of 15.8 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute) @ 90 PSI with 5 HP behind it.
- Robust design with cast-iron cylinders, stainless steel valves, and an oil-lubed pump.
- An automatic start/stop function for increased safety.
- A durable 60 gal. ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers) certified tank capable of 165 max PSI.
Central Pneumatic Alternatives
Central Pneumatic vs. Porter Cable Air Compressors
Both Central Pneumatic and Porter Cable cater to DIYers and professionals alike. In terms of specifications, the models that each brand offers fall somewhere in between consumer-grade and professional-grade.
Either of the two brands makes affordable models that suffice for light-duty jobs. Despite being on the market for a longer time, though, Porter-Cable offers a less varied assortment of air compressors.
Furthermore, air compressor models by Central Pneumatic boast a higher rate of customer satisfaction based on customer reviews.
Central Pneumatic vs. Kobalt Air Compressors
Each of these two brands makes air compressors for home and professional use alike. The air compressor models both Central Pneumatic and Kobalt offer can be considered mid-range.
If their use remains occasional and low-profile, the air compressors by either brand perform well enough.
Kobalt, however, offers a much more modest range of air compressors than Central Pneumatic. At the same time, Central Pneumatic air compressors come with a better after-sales service. As long as their warranty is valid, their parts can be replaced at a local retail outlet or service center.
Central Pneumatic vs. Craftsman Air Compressors
Similar to Central Pneumatic, Craftsman offers lower-end pricing for its air compressors. Based on specifications available, each of the two brands makes air compressors for consumer-grade and professional-grade applications alike.
Hence, both brands offer affordable mid-range air compressors. Compared to Craftsman, however, Central Pneumatic air compressors deliver the same functionality at a lesser price.
Moreover, Central Pneumatic provides a more diverse assortment of air compressors, accommodating more uses. Namely, the brand has more commercial-grade models available.
Why Should You Buy a Central Pneumatic Air Compressor?
High-Quality Air Compressors On The Go
You can count on a Central Pneumatic air compressors. They have a high-reliability rating and provide a high CFM airflow at a respectable PSI.
This means you can always be confident that a Central Pneumatic air compressor will give the air you need when you need it. They are one of the best air compressors you can get.
Central Pneumatic Air Compressors are designed with portability in mind, so they come in handy. They are very versatile machines, and they’re great for small projects around the house and around the workshop.
Also, they are typically less noisy than most other air compressors in the market.
Excellent Customer Satisfaction
On the interwebs, it’s not hard to find evidence indicating that consumers are happy with Central Pneumatic’s equipment. Reviews of their products on just about every platform are nothing short of stellar. This company has a perfect track record.
For over 35 years, Central Pneumatic has produced a wide range of generators, hand tools, air tools, power tools, and shop equipment. Central Pneumatic air compressors are often compared to brands like Husky, Kobalt, and Campbell.
These brands are commonly available and are usually lower in cost, but they are also generally lower in quality, as well. That’s why Central Pneumatic air compressors typically have a higher customer satisfaction rating, despite their higher price tag.
Whether you are filling up your car tires, pumping up your inflatable swimming pool, or just blowing the dust off the floor, central pneumatic air compressors can come in real handy. Central Pneumatic Air compressors are high for this sort of work.
The thing about Central Pneumatic air compressors is that even though they are commercial-grade tools, they are also suitable for light use. This is because they are so easy to use.